Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Review











Last week, thanks to ELLE Magazine, I got my hands on the miniature Goof Proof Brow Pencil by Benefit. The product isn't actually launching in the UK until the 24th of this month, but thanks to ELLE, myself and many others have got our hands on it early. I'm going to provide a full review so if you want to know if it's worth the hype then keep on reading.






So the pencil will be launched in 6 shades, light to deep. The colour that came in ELLE was number 6, the darkest shade. Whilst for some this wouldn't be appropriate, for me it was an exact match.

When I saw that Benefit were launching new brow products I got a little excited and then a little disheartened, remembering the fiasco with my Brow Zings! which was very red in colour, too red for my cool toned hair, however when I tried out this brow pencil I was very pleasantly surprised. It's a cool dark brown, but not too dark that it looks silly on my pale skin. It's actually a better match than most products I've used (except ABH).



Also, can we just talk about the beautiful packaging!? It's so pretty.




The pencil winds up, and the full sized version will have a spoolie on one end (with a cap! can we just talk about how no hair or fluff etc will clog it up because it will be covered?) so that'll come in handy as it does take some blending with a spoolie.

The pencil is shaped at an angle, kind of like a highlighter that you'd use in class (not for your face). This makes it easy to fill in larger areas quicker.



The texture is harder than I expected, so I have to press on a little when applying which then leads my hands to veer off and I end up with brown lines everywhere, but that's a fault of mine, not of the pencil. I've never been very good with brow pencils, let's just say that it's easier to use a cream or powder with a brush.

The colour payoff is nice, not too intense which is important when you're looking for that natural looking filled in brow.

I tend to use the tip of the angle to outline my brows, and then I use the flat edge sideways to fill in, and finally I use a spoolie to help blend it in/out.

Overall I'd give this pencil an 9/10, and I'm probably going to buy it when it comes on sale. I can't wait.

Here it is on my brows on my instagram page, which you could check out and follow if you want more photos of products in action.




Have you tried any Benefit products that you've loved/hated? Do you have any eyebrow product recommendations? If so, let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment